- About erWin
- Vehicle Diagnostics
- Security Professionals Key Program
- My erWin
The Immobilizer is a theft-deterrent device that adds a layer of security that is standard on every Volkswagen and Audi model. This is achieved with an electronic device embedded in the ignition key, an Immobilizer Control Module and an electronic link to the Engine Control Module.
Volkswagen uses an on-line Immobilizer Adaptation (PIN) delivery system. It is a vehicle anti-theft protection system. With this system a VAS 6150C or 6160 diagnostic tool equipped with “ODIS Service” software is connected to the vehicle and via Internet to an online database called Fazit. The identification of the tester and vehicle are passed to the database and the correct PIN is passed to the vehicle in a secure link without direct user interface.
During update programming approx. 4MB are transmitted via the Internet connection.
A special certificate is required.
You must be a registered with the NASTF (National Auto Service Task Force) vehicle security professional registry (LSID) and a current Registered VW / Audi workshop to obtain keys and key adaptations. Please visit the NASTF Registry to complete the registration process. www.nastf.org
Canadian applicants must be registered with the Vehicle Security Professional (VSP) program in Canada at www.vehiclesecurityprofessional.ca or call at 1(866) 309-4272
Independent workshops wishing to obtain Keys and adaptations must first be registered with VW.Process:
1. Program registration forms and security ID applications are available for direct download from our Erwin web site: https://erwin.vw.com or https://erwin.audiusa.com
See “Vehicle Diagnostics” on the Erwin Home page.
Fill out the forms and fax them to the fax number provided on the forms or e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. The workshop must return the completed forms, along with business license documentation to VW or Audi Key Help. VW Key Help will respond to the workshop with a confirmation of receipt within 2 days upon receipt of the application. Total processing time from initial request to approval or disapproval will take approximately 2-3 Weeks, plus time spent by the requesting workshop during the application cycle.
3. Individual Security System access IDs and passwords will be sent via separate e-mail for security
To obtain ODIS Service software see “Vehicle Diagnostics” on the Erwin Home page.
All Volkswagen / Audi Special Tools and Workshop Equipment are available for purchase to residents of the US and Canada through Snap-on Business Solutions, a division of Snap-on Tools.
Access to the tool catalogs can be obtained at:
http://.vw.snapon.com and http://audi.snapon.com
Please contact them directly.
Toll-free in the US and Canada: (800) 892-9650
From outside the US and Canada: (262) 656-5200
E-Mail To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining an immobilizer adaptation requires Vas 6150/6160 or laptop configured with ODIS Service for use with the security system, a high speed internet connection and additional information identifying both the vehicle and workshop to maintain security. The adaptation is only valid for the vehicle it is being performed on at the time it is being performed.
1. Registered workshops with a Locksmith ID Number (LSID) or VSP number for Canadian applicants: order a Key or request a key Adaptation through the Audi or VW Key Service Web Sites www.keys-audi.com or www.keys-vw.com
2. A security certificate is activated allowing timed access to the secure web site for adaptation.
Not logged in